- First of its kind in the market, a "One Size Fits All" Network TAP that is capable of tapping both copper & fiber Ethernet links from 100Mb/s up to 10Gb/s.
- Two inline network ports and two monitor ports are SFP+/SFP slots that support both fiber and copper SFP+/SFP transceiver modules with Ethernet data rates from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s.
- Eliminate the optical split ratio issue when used as a fiber Network TAP.
- Zero packet delay.
- Industrial operating temperature range from -25°C to 85°C.
- Built-in a small metal case of a cigarette pack size.
- Patent pending.
Dualcomm patent-pending ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP is very cost-effective and versatile. It can be used as a copper or fiber Network TAP to capture data traffic from both copper and fiber links, with data rates ranging from 100Mb/s to 10Gb/s. It is the first 10G Network TAP under $1000 in the market.
The ETAP-XG has two inline network ports and two monitor ports with SFP+/SFP slots. These ports can accept either copper or fiber SFP/SFP+ transceiver modules.
Each monitor port sends a copy of the inline data traffic in one direction, preventing packet drops even during busy network traffic. The ETAP-XG doesn't introduce any packet delay, making it suitable for real-time industrial networks.
When used as an optical TAP, there's no need to specify the optical split ratio, and the two monitor ports can be set up as two copper RJ45 ports.
The ETAP-XG is designed to operate in a broad temperature range, from -25°C to 85°C, making it suitable for various industrial environments.
SFP+/SFP modules* are also available that are tested and qualified to work with ETAP-XG 10G Network TAP.
1) Fiber SFPs are usually compatible with ETAP-XG.
2) 10G copper SFPs are usually compatible with ETAP-XG.
3) ETAP-XG may not work with some gigabit copper SFPs that are 1000Base-T only. It is recommended to use tri-speed 10/100/1000Base-T copper SFPs with ETAP-XG.
10G Network TAP (SFP+/SFP modules not included)