- A Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for delivering WiFi signals over CATV coax cabling
- Increase the range of WiFi coverage
- Cost-effectively improve WiFi connection quality to achieve higher data rates
- Purely passive. No power is needed
- Reduce RF radiations to human bodies and environment
Dualcomm WiFi-over-Coax (WoC) Extender Kit (Model No. DWOC-5141) enables a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) for delivering WiFi signals over shared CATV coaxial cables inside a house or building. Transmission of WiFi RF signals over a coax cable offers the benefits of lower signal attenuations (25dB lower) and avoiding multi-path interference and loss of signal strength caused by walls and other signals reflective and blocking objects, and therefore provides much better WiFi signal coverage range and higher connection speeds. It also reduces RF radiations to human bodies and the surrounding environment.
The DWOC-5141 WiFi-over-Coax Extender Kit includes the following components:
1) 1-to-4 WiFi and CATV Signal Combiner/Splitter (Model No. DMUX-01). Quantity = 1
The WoC Extender Kit includes one unit of 1-to-4 WiFi and CATV Signal Combiner/Splitter (DMUX-01). DMUX-01 receives and combines WiFi input signal from a WiFi router or access point (AP) and CATV RF signal input, and splits/outputs the combined RF signals 4 ways, each of which is connectable to a coax cable for transmission of the combined RF signals to the other end of the coax cable.
2) Remote Duplexer (Model No. DDUP-01). Quantity = 4
The WoC Extender Kit includes four units of Remote Duplexers (DDUP-01). DDUP-01 is used to terminate at the other end of the coax cable which is connected to DMUX-01. DDUP-01 has an SMA-type connector for attaching a detachable WiFi antenna and an F-type connector for connecting to a television. This unit is designed to be added to an existing CATV wall plate for easy installation.
3) WiFi Antenna (Model No. DANT-01). Quantity = 4
The WiFi antenna is attachable with a remote Duplexer DDUP-01 to enable wireless connections with the nearby WiFi terminal devices.
4) SMA Jumper Cable (Model No. DCBL-01). Quantity = 1
The SMA jumper cable is needed to connect the DMUX-01 and a WiFi router/AP for receiving the WiFi signals from the WiFi router/AP. As such, The WiFi router/AP which can be used with the WoC extender Kit DWOC-5141 must have an external WiF antenna connector.
|DWOC-5141||WiFi-over-Coax Extender Kit|